Starting this week we’re introducing themes to each episode of the Adults? Podcast, and this week the theme is break ups. If you haven’t been in the dating pool for a few years you need to listen to this episode to see what has become of society, and if you have been in the dating pool you need to listen to hear how bad at it Jansport and Herschel can be.
Here’re the topics:
What pieces of our culture remind you of breakups? (4:44) — We discuss movies, music, and Reddit while drinking Kilchoman 100% Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
What’s the modern break up etiquette? (15:27) — First we drink some bad whisky and then we talk about bad manners–after having moved on to a very not-bad Suntory Toki Whisky.
Would you rather be dumped or do the dumping? (38:40) — This conversation expanded into a larger conversation about the dystopian reality of the modern dating scene, accompanied by Michter’s Small Batch Bourbon.
Herschel is wrong. (54:53) — Originally we were supposed to talk about the things in our life we would like to break up with, but instead we got sidetracked by a discussion of how Uber broke up with Herschel–forever. The drink was a nice, peaty Talisker 10.
Music featured in this episode:
- Railroad’s Whiskey Co by Jahzzar is licensed under a Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.
- Breaking Up by Massage is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial License.
- A Ghost Story by Rubber Eggs is licensed under a Creative Commons
- DUMP DAT AZZ ( FrenchCalhoun Vocals )@Yk_NewJersey Ft. @FrenchCalhoun by FrenchCalhoun #EMG is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
- 07 Copenhagen (Let Me Go) by Vienna Teng is licensed under a Creative Commons License.